Macy's Women's Shoe Sales Lead, Full Time: St. Clair Square in Fairview Heights, Illinois
* Job Overview: *
The Women' s Shoe Sales Lead is a leader in supporting an engaging professional and personal zed shopping experience for our clients and customers. The Women's Shoe Sales Lead will serve as Macy's Brand Ambassador and support the MyShop Sales Manager to make shopping in Women' s Shoes a must have experience that customers will discuss with their friends and families. The Women's Shoe Sales Lead, will educate customers on trending styles and fits, communicate with confidence on product benefits, and guide our clients over multiple channels where clients can self ·l earn, and, or self-service. The Women's Shoe Sales Lead will support the MyShop Sales Manager to ensure we are meeting the aspirations of our customers, and assist the Women's Shoe Sales Consultants in creating an exceptional shopping environment. The associate is also responsible for fulfillment and performing other duties as necessary.
Essential Functions: *
- Be proficient in POS and MPOS systems i n cluding Search and Send, My Client and Macy's app
- Be proactively assi st customers who are u si n g devi ces to shop and compare, whether Macy's devices or their own
- Assist customers i n all aspects of total store fulfillment and have the ability to satisfy the needs of our digital and physical customers by making appropriate partnerships when necessary
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the customer i s always the priority
- Drive Pre·sell results through daily communi cati on and recognition
- Build enthusi asm and awareness of promotional events amongst Sales Consultants
- Di rect Sales Consultants to optimize customer experience through management of daily functional schedule
- Ensure merchandising process goes smoothly and recover department to floor readiness standards
- Ma i ntain a consistent, high level of customer service. Consistently provide feedback on associate MAGIC beha vio rs to their direct supervisor .
- Ensure all procedures, policies and standards are u nderstood and followed by associates
- Manage the tools used to create professional sell ng standards ,including My Client, product knowledge materia l , selling techniques, mobile devices and POS system.
- Maintain acceptable presentation standards on the selling floor through proper utilization of visual displays and merchandise content
- Ensure sale set ups, stock put away, recovery, sign i n g, and markdowns are completed in a timely manner
- Be knowledgeable of POS policies and procedures and role model empowered selling behavior
- Review and distribute advertising calendar and maintain floor presentation to maximize sales opportunities
- Review business driving opportunities with management and coordinate i m p l ementation within area
- Communicate i nformation from vendors and District/Region teams on product knowledge, merchandise presentation and customer requests regarding assortment
- Maintain contact with all leve l s of management at the store and district l evel to obtain direction and suppo r t
- Mai ntain department recovery standards
- Establish high l evel of shortage awareness and effectiveness; ensure that all policies and procedures are implemented
- Perform these functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the supervisor
- Demonstrate regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- No specific educational accompl i shment is required.
- Previous selling experience and product knowledge i n Women's Shoes preferred, but not required.
Communication Skills: *
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operat i ng and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers , peers, and management.
- Able to communicate on the telephone with proper etiquette.
** Mathematical Skills: *
- Basic math functions such as addition, s u btraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calcu l ator. Must be able to calculate percentages and ratios.
- Must be able to make change using American monetary units.
** Reasoning Ability: *
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision. * *
* * Physical Demands: *
- This position involves constant moving, talking, h earing, reaching, and standing for at least two consecutive hours . I nvolves lifting at least 30lbs.
- M ay occasionally i nvolve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing l adders.
Vision abilities i nclude close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus .
Other Skills: *
M ust enjoy meeting and interacting with customers.
- Possess strong sense of ur g ency and a thirst for learning.
** Work Hours: *
- Ability to work a flexib l e schedule, includ i ng morn i ngs, evenings, and weekends, and busy events such as the day after Thanksgiving, special Big Event days, and the day after Christmas , based on department and sto r e/company needs .
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Fairview Heights
Job: Commissioned Sales
Req ID: 71693218