Washington University of St. Louis Molecular Oncology in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Oncology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
The laboratory studies how cancer cells spread or metastasize and then determine methods/tools to block this. To address this problem, we use multiple approaches – mouse models of cancer, molecular and cellular biology, biomedical engineering, pharmacology and biochemistry. Responsible for assisting with laboratory duties in a research setting. Performs routine tests with direction from supervisor, manager or higher level technician.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists investigator with research studies, experiments and assays including collection of data, preparation of solutions and set-up and maintenance of equipment.
- Maintains files on research and assists with data entry.
- Assists with general lab maintenance.
High school diploma or equivalent.
- College undergraduate degree in biologic sciences or biomedical engineering.
- Some cell culture, molecular cell biology, or mouse experimentation experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain complete and organized records/reports.
- Working knowledge of computer software.
The hiring range for this position is $12.33 - $15.66 per hour.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions
Works in laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological and chemical hazards. Must be physically able to wear protective equipment. Must be able to provide standard care to research animals (mice only).
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Technician I - Molecular Oncology - 39963
Job ID: 39963
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time